On Saturday, February 5, 2011 the 7th annual Krispy Kreme challenge, a race from the NC State Bell Tower to Krispy Kreme on Peace Street (and back), starts at 8:30 am and will end at approximately 11 am. The race benefits the The North Carolina Children’s Hospital.
See the exact race route below and plan any travel accordingly to avoid delays on Saturday morning caused by the race.
- Assemble at the Bell Tower on Hillsborough St.
- Proceed inbound on Hillsborough to St Mary’s Street
- Left on St. Mary’s to Tucker
- Right on Tucker St to West St.
- Left on West St. to Peace St.
- Right on Peace St to Krispy Kreme (EAT A DOZEN DONUTS)
- North on Person St to Pace Street
- Left on Pace St to Blount Street
- Left on Blount St to Peace St
- Right on Peace Street
- Left on West St
- Right on Johnson St
- Left on St Mary’s
- Right on Hillsborough to the start/finish
From the Krispy Kreme challenge website:
The Krispy Kreme Challenge started in December 2004 as a dare between a few NC State undergraduate students. Sophomore Ben Gaddy took home bragging rights that afternoon, running the race in 34 minutes and 27 seconds. After receiving positive coverage from campus news papers and being placed as #85 on the “102 More Things You Gotta Do Before You Graduate” by Sports Illustrated. On Campus, organizers decided to publicize the Krispy Kreme Challenge and turn it into something that would not only be an event to bring together people from all over the country, but also to benefit an important cause along the way. It was no surprise, when organizers selected The NC Children’s Hospital as the most deserving beneficiary of this ultimate collegiate challenge.