From the City of Raleigh:
Loose leaf collection will begin November 14, 2011. The service is provided by the Street Maintenance Division, not Solid Waste Services. Crews will make a complete sweep of the city before Christmas. A second sweep will begin in early January. Here are some tips to help the crews provide the most efficient service:
- Pile loose leaves at the curb, not in the street. The vacuum trucks are designed for loose leaves only.
- Do not include tree trimmings, shrubs or yard debris. These items can be picked up on the scheduled yard waste collection day.
- Keep leaf piles away from fire hydrants and water meter boxes.
- Leaves may be collected as part of weekly curbside yard waste collection but only if they are prepared according to Solid Waste Serivces’ guidelines.
- Do not put leaves or other yard waste in garbage or recycling containers.
For the latest loose leaf schedule visit the city website www.raleighnc.gov and type “leaf” in the search box or call the Leaf Line at (919) 996-3720 for daily updates.