If you weren’t one of the 180 people invited to the Raleign Innovation Summit on January 18, don’t feel left out. The organizers used an open source approach to capture key decisions, ideas, and stories from the activity during the event. It was just the beginning of something that everyone in Raleigh can contribute to moving forward. Look for a report coming out on February 13 and if you’re interested, attend the first post-summit meetup on February 15.
If you’re interested in the event, check out the re-airing of the activities through February 26 on RTN11 (Raleigh Television Network’s (RTN) government channel cable 11) to see how the attendees answered the following questions:
- What’s our common mindset and our purpose for being here?
- Where are we now? In other words, what is the current state of funding, branding, partnering and innovation.
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
Air times on RTN11
- February 1 at 7:00 pm
- February 2 at 9:00 pm
- February 4 at 8:00 pm
- February 5 at 9:00 pm
- February 9 at 10:30 am
- February 12 at 9:00 pm
- February 13 at 1:00 pm
- February 14 at 3:00 pm
- February 16 at 10:30 am
- February 17 at 11:30 pm
- February 18 at 8:00 pm
- February 19 at 9:00 pm
- February 23 at 10:30 am
- February 26 at 9:00 pm
The goal of the event was to identify Raleigh’s potential and resources to make it a 21st century city of innovation. The afternoon of the 18th included break-out session that explored the following topics:
- Establishing an innovation center in Raleigh
- Branding Raleigh as a city of innovation (a session I helped lead)
- Creating effective partnerships
- Attracting more money to the region (Venture capital / investments)
See research.ncsu.edu/innovation for more details.