Southwest Raleigh is home to some of the best restaurants in the area. Each week, Raleigh Specials Tonight will feature a few of these restaurants in Raleigh’s Creative District. Be sure to check here before planning your night out this week.
This week we feature The Pour House, The Cupcake Shoppe, and Anvil’s Cheesesteaks.
The Pour House
244 S. Blount St., Raleigh, NC
- Known for: Hosting local and non-local bands. The venue is small, but a great place to catch a show and knock back a few beers.
- When to go: Every Monday is open mic night. There’s also free pool and $3.50 NC Pints.
The Cupcake Shoppe
104 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, NC
- Known for: For most people, they are known for their cupcakes, but for me, it doesn’t get any better than their homemade ice cream sandwiches.
- When to go: Check their website for their flavor of the week.
2893 Jones Franklin Rd., Raleigh NC
- Known for: Having the best cheesesteaks outside of Philly. Their meatball sandwich is also amazing.
- When to go: Any time you want a quick, delicious lunch, or if you want to reminisce about your last trip to Philly.
- Best of Southwest – February 6 (southwestraleigh.com)
- Best of Southwest – January 30 (southwestraleigh.com)
- The Best of Southwest – January 2 (southwestraleigh.com)