The 2012 Season of Music on the Porch kicks off this Friday on the Lawn at the Historic Mordecai Park. This family-friendly event is now in its 4th year of providing live music on every other Friday evening featuring the very best of our local bands. This year is no different with a most excellent lineup that includes everything from Folk to Bluegrass to Swing to Jazz to Ska to Americana to Rock.
This is the 2nd year that this event will be held at Mordecai Historic Park and it has worked very well in providing an great setting for the festivities, as well as a great spot for the food trucks which are serving up tasty treats for those who do not wish to pack a picnic dinner. Come on out and take part of this great event and stay tuned for two special events in the future from this group.
- What: Music on the Porch 2012
- When: 6pm-9pm Every other Friday starting this Friday, April 27th Through October 12th
- Where: Mordecai Historic Park
- Other info: The event is BYOB – a suggested Donation of $5 is asked of all adults to cover the costs of the Bands, the equipment, and other costs associated with hosting the event.
- April 27th – Mommie (Child-Themed Indie Rock)
- May 11th – Thompson-Howell Band (Folk/Americana)
- May 25th – Andy Coats and the Bank Walkers (Blues/Rock)
- June 8th – Peter Lamb and the Wolves (Jazz)
- June 22th – Archbishops of Blount street. (Ska)
- July 13th – Acoustic Manner (Bluegrass)
- July 27th – Hot Dam Blues Band (Blues/Americana)
- Aug 10th – The Darnell Woodies (Garage/Punk)
- Aug 24th – The New King Rippers (Dixieland Jazz)
- Sept 14 – Atomic Rhythm All Stars (Big Band / Jazz)
- Sept 28th – The Gravy Boys (Americana)
- Oct 12th – Johnny Folsom 4 (Americana / Johnny Cash Tribute)
Want more info, check out www.musicontheporch.com.