This year’s “Outdoor Summer Movie Series,” presented by Kerr Drug, returns to the big screen. Bring your lawn chairs, picnic baskets, and blankets and get ready to tailgate. This FREE Summer movie series will kick off on June 7 and run every Thursday through the end of July.
Each movie will be featured on a 30-foot inflatable movie screen in the North Hall Parking Lot which is located directly across from NC State and next to Bruegger’s Bagels.
“We are continuing this Summer tradition on Hillsborough Street – bringing the community and businesses together ‘under the stars’ for great entertainment,” said Jeff Murison, Executive Director of the Hillsborough Street Community Service Corporation. “Bring your family and friends, grab take-out from one of your favorite Hillsborough Street restaurants, and let’s go to the movies.”
Join us starting at 8:00 p.m. for games and fun contests, followed by the movie showing at 8:50 p.m. Each Thursday night will also feature a local non-profit organization, so be sure to come out and support these organizations.
The lineup for this summer includes:
- Thursday, June 7 – Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol [PG-13]
- Thursday, June 14 – Puss in Boots [PG]
- Thursday, June 21 – Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides [PG-13]
- Thursday, June 28 – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 [PG-13]
- Thursday, July 5 – Moneyball [PG-13]
- Thursday, July 12 – Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 [PG-13]
- Thursday, July 19 – Hugo [PG]
- Thursday, July 26 – The Help [PG-13]
- Admission is free.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- Lawn chairs, picnic baskets, and tailgating are welcomed and encouraged.
- Children under the age of 17 require an accompanying parent or adult guardian.
We would like to thank our presenting sponsor Kerr Drug and look forward to working with them in the near future as a new addition to Hillsborough Street!
The Hillsborough Street Community Service Corporation provides services and events throughout the year to make the Hillsborough Street community a better place to live, work, play, shop, dine, learn and visit.