With Father’s Day around the corner, now is the best time to plan some fun with dear ol’ Dad. And being in the Creative District, we’ve got some fun, fresh ideas on the perfect way to say thanks to dad. Here are a few Father’s Day events along with some suggestions of great lunch/park combinations:
- Father’s Day Hike at Historic Yates Mill Park: Sun, June 17th at 11am; Historic Yates Mill County Park; for all ages (with accompanying Dad); $5 per family
- Dinner & Jazz at the Park: Pack a picnic dinner and head over to Lake Johnson for the Sunday in the Park Series. Concerts begin at 6pm so bring a lawn chair, blanket, and some of dad’s favorite fare.
- Lunch & Football in the Park: Coordinate with a few families and grab some sandwiches and drinks from Cafe Carolina and head over to Isabella Cannon Park for some family-friendly football and lunch.
- Picnic at the Pool: Pack your swim suits, towels, and sunscreen and grab lunch to go from Whole Foods before making your way to Ridge Road Pool.
- Bike Ride & Beer: go for a long out-and-back bike ride along the Reedy Creek Trail followed by dinner at Brickhouse where dad can enjoy a well-deserved beer!
- Breakfast & Fishing & Disc Golf: grab some breakfast to go from Flying Biscuit and head over to Lake Raleigh for some early morning fishing and disc golf!
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!