For homecoming parades, game-day victories, graduation, and photos at the Belltower, Hillsborough Street is the place NC State celebrates, and has been for generations. So what better place to throw the biggest event of the year in honor of NC State’s 125th anniversary? Join us on Hillsborough Street on Saturday August 18, for an all-day block party and street festival capping off Wolfpack Welcome Week.
We will have everything it takes to celebrate in NC State style, including great music, activities through- out the day, and fun entertainment for the whole family. This event has been planned by the NC State 125th Anniversary Committee, the NC State Union Activities Board and the Hillsborough Street Community Service Corporation.
Throughout the day we will have opportunities to learn about NC State’s traditions like the history of the Belltower and what makes it chime, along with how we are making an impact in the world around us as it relates to academics. This is a once in a lifetime event that you will not want to miss. Be a part of NC State University as we celebrate 125 years of history.
Saturday August 18, 2012 | 2pm – 10pm
Hillsborough Street – (Pogue Street to the Pullen Roundabout)
- Interactivity and engagement
- Use of the Belltower
- Department and organization booths
- Merchants along Hillsborough St.
- Contests and street performers
- Joe Gibbs/FedEx race car display
Liquid Pleasure: 2pm-3:30pm
Mamas Love: 4pm-5:30pm
Leela James: 6pm-7:30pm
Carolina Liar (headliner): 8:30pm-9:30pm
All times are subject to change.
We will do announcements during breaks, including unveiling the Coaches Corner. Happy Birthday to NC State will occur prior to Carolina Liar performing.
Starts at 2pm and will end around 6:30pm.
Three local bands and eight student organizations will be showcased.
Transforming Our Community
An event at NC State would not be complete without giving back. Bring a can of food to donate to the new NC State Food Pantry.
Goals of the Packapalooza Event
- Provide an entertaining and fun outdoor event for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the local community.
- Showcase all facets (athletic and academic) of NC State University.
- Engage alumni and members of the community in the NC State 125th Anniversary celebration.
- Provide an opportunity for the campus community to interact with merchants along Hillsborough Street.