In this update from Centennial Campus, the new Greens at Centennial Campus, a luxury apartment complex opens, the Carol Johnson Poole Clubhouse and restaurant is now open to the public, and more news.
The Greens at Centennial Campus, a luxury apartment complex located on Centennial, has opened and is available for occupancy. Developed and managed by Capital Associates, the complex offers studio, one and two bedroom apartments. They are perfect for those who work on campus and want to walk or bike to work. For more information see: www.thegreenscentennial.com.
The permanent clubhouse for the Lonnie Poole Golf Course has opened, along with its new dining room, which can hold up to 200 people. The 25,000-square-foot structure includes classrooms for professional golf management and turfgrass management students, locker rooms for varsity athletes, and course participants, plus a fully stocked pro shop.
Other news from Centennial
- Dennis Kekas, Associate Vice President of Centennial Campus Partnerships, has been named the interim Executive Director for the new power electronics and manufacturing institute announced by recently by President Obama. The institute will be located on Centennial Campus.
- Construction is in full swing for Centennial’s next corporate office building, Alliance I. The five-floor, 125,000 sq. ft. office building will open in 2015.
- Mark your calendars. The free-to-the-public NC Literary Festival takes place on Centennial Campus on April 3-6.
- Little known fact: development on Centennial Campus has grown 60 percent since 2010 (and you thought we were resting on our laurels).
- The Hunt Library was named the 14th most beautiful library in the WORLD by bestvalueschools.com.
The Centennial Campus website, at www.centennial.ncsu.edu is a great source of information. Interactive maps, new updates, videos, campus amenities, partner lists, and privileges and more can be found there. Be sure to visit us on Facebook and Twitter as well for the latest updates.