Women and girls have been part of our state’s story from the beginning, but their work and contributions are often overlooked. Find out about Cherokee leader Nancy Ward, boycott organizer Penelope Barker, and activist Ella Baker, among others, and make a paper house based on plans made by architect Harriet Irwin.
What is it? Fun for the whole family! Learn, shop for your garden, get great ideas, and enjoy gourmet treats while supporting the JC Raulston Arboretum. We’re rolling out the red carpet for members, home gardeners, families, and children by offering a day that’s packed with garden and nature activities, shopping, and outdoor fun.
- JCRA Spring Plant Sale – plus select guest plant vendors
- Gardens Direct
- Pine Knot Farms
- Mr. Maple
- Superior Plants Nursery
- 18th Annual Birdhouse Competition
- Gardening talks – learn from the experts
- Bryce Lane – “Great Plants for Your Spring Home Landscape”
- Mark Weathington – “Gardening in the South”
- Hands-on fun for children and families
- Invited artists and craftsmen
- Food trucks and NC State Howling Cow ice cream cups
- Educational displays and demonstrations
The Triangle Lebanese American Center is hosting their 20th Annual Lebanese Festival in downtown Raleigh! Want a taste of Lebanon right here in the Triangle? Join us for a day filled with delicious Lebanese food, dancing and musical performances and fun activities! Event highlights include authenic Lebanese food and desserts, belly dancing, traditional Lebanese Dabke performances, Lebanese wine, an outdoor Hookah “Lounge”, cooking demonstrations, a cultural booth, children’s activities and more!