Guest post by Raleigh Bike & Pedestrian Advisory Commission
The City of Raleigh Bike & Pedestrian Advisory Commission will be hosting a Triangle Bicycle & Pedestrian Workshop on Friday, March 22 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Raleigh Convention Center, Room 304. This is a great opportunity to learn more about local and regional initiatives and participate in a NCDOT Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan review!
John Pucher will present his research on “Promoting Cycling and Walking for Sustainable and Healthy Cities: Lessons from Europe and North America.” A sample agenda for the event is listed below. Register for the event now.
2013 Triangle Bicycle & Pedestrian Workshop
Friday, March 22 8:00am-12:00pm
Raleigh Convention Center, Room 304
500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601
- 8:15am: Lauren Blackburn, NCDOT Division of Bicycle & Pedestrian Transportation, Director Local Stakeholder Presentations
- 8:30am: CAMPO Bicycle & Pedestrian Stakeholders Group Will Hartye, Chair
- 8:40am: Durham Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission Merry Rabb, Chair
- 8:50am: Raleigh Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission Alan Wiggs , Chair
- 9:00am: Chapel Hill Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Board Ryan Mickles, Town of Chapel Hill
- 9:10am: Carrboro Transportation Advisory Board Carly Sieff, Member
9:20am: John Pucher, Ph.D. “Promoting Cycling and Walking for Sustainable and Healthy Cities: Lessons from Europe and North America”
State & National Update
- 10:15am: 2013 Bike Summit Roger Henderson, North Carolina Active Transportation Alliance
- 10:25am: NCDOT Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan Chuck Flink, Matt Hayes, & Jason Reyes Alta Planning + Greenways, Inc.
- 11:45am: Legislative Updates Julie White, Director, NC Metropolitan Mayor’s Coalition