Guest post by Eric Lamb, Transportation Planning Manager
As many Raleighites know, Raleigh’s draft Comprehensive Pedestrian Plan has been released for public comment until November 16th. This plan is meant to provide us with tools and strategies for making Raleigh a more walkable city. Now before you comment on this, we’ll go ahead and admit that our consultant really could have picked a better cover photo for the report.
Rather than hold up publication of the plan while we search for the “perfect photo” of good walkability in Our Fair City, we’ve decided to crowdsource this and ask for your help. We know there are many good examples of people walking in good places out there (and frankly we know that many of you are better photographers than we are). So we want you to send us your best shot of people walking in Raleigh, and we’ll put it on the cover!
- There needs to be actual people walking the picture (after all, it is a pedestrian plan). Dogs, strollers, and children are optional.
- The photo has to be a good example of pedestrian infrastructure (because we already have a thousand photos of bad examples).
- The photo has to be taken on a public street in Raleigh (sorry, Cary).
- Photo submissions cannot feature children without written permission from their parents or legal guardians.
- All submissions become property of the City of Raleigh.
We will feature the top five photos on our website, and the best photo will be used on the cover of the final version of the plan. There are no rewards for this contest other than fame, glory, and bragging rights.
Please send all photos to email@example.com. Feel free to submit as many photos as you like, but only attach one photo per email submission, and each photo should be no larger than 4MB in size. All submissions must be received by 5pm on November 16th.