Guest post by Raleigh Police Department
We hope that you have a fun and safe Halloween. Follow these simple safety tips to keep this holiday safe and sweet!
- Wear light colored clothing or reflective tape so you can easily be seen.
- Make sure your costume fits well.
- Wear face make-up instead of a mask.
- Go trick-or-treating with friends. It is more fun and safer too!
- Trick-or-treat in familiar neighborhoods.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Trick-or-treat during daylight. Carry a flashlight in case it gets dark.
- Look both ways before crossing the street and always use crosswalks.
- Visit homes with porch lights on.
- When trick-or-treating with friends, tell mom and dad your route.
- Bring your treats home and do not eat anything until your parents have checked it.
- If any treats look suspicious, have your parents call the police.